This is just to provide a better profile view for my original question; would I benefit from a chin implant? (Photo)

My nose definitely sticks out too far, but if I had that fixed would my chin still look too receded or would I benefit from a chin implant?

Nose and chin harmony

Based on this single photo and short of in person evaluation and discussion, it would be hard to give you a straightforward advice. A small nose reduction will soften your profile and improve balance but whether a small chin implant would further contribute to facial harmony  would require more evaluation and study.

You should schedule a consultation with a renowned plastic surgeon known as a "nose expert" and discuss your options in details. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Chin/nose

rosy317, you are not oriented correctly to accurately assess you question; however I would guess that you are a candidate for both a rhinoplasty and chin implant. See an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" and has great photos. See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin augmentation

Based on the limited profile picture that you have submitted either you should not have any chin augmentation or it should be done extremely conservatively to avoid masculinization of your chin or elongation of your face on the front view. This small amount of augmentation can be more readily accomplished by injection your own fat to avoid the use of any foreign materials in your face.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Nose definitely sticks out too far, but if I had that fixed would my chin still look too receded or would I benefit from a chin

Hi, I have performed many Rhinoplasty Surgeries and Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

A non smiling front and base view (looking up at the nostrils) of your nose would help in the evaluation.  On profile, the nose looks larger than it truly is but this is what happens when the chin is weak.  The nose does have an under-rotated nasal tip (makes the nose appear long) which can be rotated with an isolated procedure without requiring a full Rhinoplasty.  I often perform Rhinoplasty with Chin Augmentation.

Hope this helps.

Chin implant for receding chin

A chin implant is a good option to augment a receding chin. Based on the photograph alone, you may be candidate. An alternative to implant surgery is facial filler injection as a trial for subtle enhancement of the chin without surgery. You can speak with a facial plastic surgeon to perform an examination to help determine if you're an appropriate chin implant candidate.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

Based on a single, poor quality picture, with all the background "noise" it is impossible to make a recommendation. As a guess I would say "No". You need to be seen in person for a definitive answer.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

A rhinoplasty and chin implant combination can be performed together under general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. A small silastic chin implant may be of some benefit to help augment the chin forward, however a thorough in-person examination is required to make that determination. For more information and many examples of this combination, please see the video and the link below