Is it better to have larger amounts of fat for better results with liposuction? (Photo)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 6
No, it is not advisable to gain weight for liposuction.
Liposuction - is it best to gain weight?
- Please do not gain weight for liposuction.
- It is not necessary and may give you a worse result.
- When people are trim, as you are, the fat can still be removed with tumescent liposuction (injection of fluid before liposuction) and a small cannula.
- It is also important to have an examination -
- In a trim person such as yourself, at times what looks like excess fat is in fact loose skin -
- Especially if you have lost a fair amount of weight.
- Start with a consultation with a plastic surgeon.
- Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
You might also like...
Liposuction - Should I gain weight first?
VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.