Is it better to have larger amounts of fat for better results with liposuction? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 6
No, it is not advisable to gain weight for liposuction.
Liposuction - is it best to gain weight?
- Please do not gain weight for liposuction.
- It is not necessary and may give you a worse result.
- When people are trim, as you are, the fat can still be removed with tumescent liposuction (injection of fluid before liposuction) and a small cannula.
- It is also important to have an examination -
- In a trim person such as yourself, at times what looks like excess fat is in fact loose skin -
- Especially if you have lost a fair amount of weight.
- Start with a consultation with a plastic surgeon.
- Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
You might also like...
Liposuction - Should I gain weight first?
VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting
Put on wight pre lipo
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.