PRP Hair treatment after FUE Hair Transplant?

I had done my hair transplant an year ago. At my clinic they had given me PRP session same day at the end of hair transplant. Since, then I had not taken another PRP session. Please guide me regarding the PRP how many times should I take the PRP sessions and at what frequency, I mean after how many months should i repeat the next sessions of PRP. I am totally lost because some doctors advise to take PRP for consecutive for 3 months where as I read it should be repeated after 9 months. Pls advice

PRP after FUE Hair Transplant

PRP is very helpful after a Hair Transplant. We recommend after Hair Transplants to come back every 8 months for a PRP treatment. That is an effective way to maintain the hair for best results.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP after FUE Hair Transplant

Congratulations on completing your hair transplant surgery and initial PRP session.It has been my experience that it can be beneficial for patients to continue PRP after hair transplants, but it can vary from patient to patient.If you are a good candidate for PRP, I would recommend scheduling a minimum of 3 additional sessions spaced about 6-8 weeks apart.If you continue to see results, I would suggest sticking to the 3 session treatment plan for maintenance.I hope this is helpful.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

PRP after FUE Hair Transplant

Thanks for your question.It is my experience that PRP after a hair transplant can be beneficial.I would advise that if you are going to do more PRP that you would do at least 3 treatments spaced about 6-8 weeks apart for the best potential results.I hope this helps.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

PRP Therapy After FUE Surgery

Different Clinics have different Protocols for administering PRP Therapy. It is always better to deliver loading dose followed by maintenance treatment. After an Initial loading dose for three months ( three sittings), it is better to evaluate the patient at three months and then decide the further schedule of PRP depending upon the individual response of the person.

Kapil Dua, MBBS, MS
India Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP one year ago? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, PRP treatment requires a loading dose followed by maintenance treatment. The duration of activity of PRP after a loading dose is four to six months. Considering that your last treatment was one year ago, I would recommend a series of three or four monthly sessions followed by a 4 month follow up visit. At each visit, the amount of decrease in hair loss, increase in hair thickness and regrowth needs to be evaluated. Using these parameters, the treatment course may be varied. Patients who with hair transplants do extremely well with PRP injections. Seek an expert in PRP. Ask to see photos. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP after Hair Transplant

There is a differing opinion on the frequency of PRP for hair loss.  Some patients benefit from monthly injections for 3 months and then a follow-up in six months to re-evaluate. Others need more treatments.  Each case has to be determined on a case by case basis.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green