Mini dental implants?

If someone lost the four upper teeth, is it possible to have four mini implants and avoid using a bridge? I have been told that putting four conventional implants would make the implants too close to each other which may lead to bone loss and gum recession. I thought that using mini implants might resolve the problem without using a bridge!? Am I right on this??

Mini implants vs conventional dental implants

Mini implants can certainly improve your condition, but they are not designed for long-term and have higher complications in relation to conventional dental implants. There are usually adequate space for placement of conventional implants. For diagnostics, you dentists should take a cone beam CT scan of your jaw and then one off your existing denture, if you have one. Then using 3-D planning software, perform virtual implant placement and see what the possibilities are. 

Bethesda Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Mini implants are not for this

minim plants are just for snap indentures, not for bridges, so place regular implants, and you will have a great solution.