Mini dental implants?

If someone lost the four upper teeth, is it possible to have four mini implants and avoid using a bridge? I have been told that putting four conventional implants would make the implants too close to each other which may lead to bone loss and gum recession. I thought that using mini implants might resolve the problem without using a bridge!? Am I right on this??

Mini implants vs conventional dental implants

Mini implants can certainly improve your condition, but they are not designed for long-term and have higher complications in relation to conventional dental implants. There are usually adequate space for placement of conventional implants. For diagnostics, you dentists should take a cone beam CT scan of your jaw and then one off your existing denture, if you have one. Then using 3-D planning software, perform virtual implant placement and see what the possibilities are. 

Bethesda Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Mini implants

It really depends how close they are. For anterior teeth you may use narrower implants but not mini ones which have not shown long term results yet. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Mini implants are not for this

minim plants are just for snap indentures, not for bridges, so place regular implants, and you will have a great solution.