Do I have a tuberous breasts or any breast deformity? (Photo)

I'm 19 years old. I believe I have puffy nipples and my right breast is bigger than my left breast. I'm wondering if this is a mild case of tuberous breast deformity? If not what is your general consensus on them, and would I bee a god candidate for augmentation?

Tuberous Breasts?

Based on your picture alone, you do appear to have a slight degree of tuberous breast deformity.  This is often corrected with a combination of breast augmentation, releasing of constricted tissues internally, and possible reshaping/ lifting of the nipple areola complex.  The best thing to do is to go for a few consultations with board certified plastic surgeons and see what they recommend.  I hope this helps.

Do I have a tuberous breasts or any breast deformity?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although I understand your concerns, I do not think that there is anything "wrong" with your breasts.  I also do not think that your photographs demonstrate most of the features constricted with tuberous/constricted breasts.  The only feature present, possibly consistent with mild constriction, is the presence of  somewhat wide and "puffy" areola?  Regardless of the semantics, you may be a candidate for breast surgery (given your concerns) at some point.

Generally, some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).

Again, given that your breasts' appearance is of concern to you, you may benefit from in-person  consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your concerns, goals, and options. It will be important to learn about the pros/cons/risk/complications associated with all options discussed and time any planned surgical procedure according to your life circumstances.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. You'll find a separate page, on the same website, dedicated to patients with constricted/tuberous breasts. Best wishes.

Thank you for your question and picture.  You do have a mild amount of nipple "puffiness" and this can be improved with a breast augmentation and a periareolar or donut  mastopexy.  Seek a consultation from a Board certified PS for the best results.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question  You are a good candidate for breast  enlargement.  It does not appear that you need any surgery on your nipple areolar complexes.  During your consultation I like to find out your goals (i.e. what cup size you would like to be). It's important to measure the width of your breast to determine which implant you need there are three different profiles to choose from low, moderate and high profile.  I like to use breast sizers that are made specifically to try out before surgery. Mentor has a good set. The patient Puts on a bra and she can place various sizes over her breast. She then looks in the mirror to see which size she likes the best. During surgery I like to use intraoperative breast implant sizers to confirm the size.  I use the bloodless breast technique which I invented. Bleeding is minimal, typically there is no bruising after surgery, and recovery is a lot quicker versus traditional technique. Please watch the enclosed video.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Hi, thanks for posting your pictures. No, you do not have tuberous breast  at all. If you would like a Breast Augmentation with Implants the asymmetry,  you talk about, can be corrected by placing implants of different volume in each breast. Have a nice day.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Poor posted photo. But to me non tuberous. More wide set with asymmetry to volume, herniated N/A areas.

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  It is difficult to tell based on this photo alone, however, you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

All standard views of the breasts are necessary in order to answer your question accurately. It all depends on your ultimate goals. I recommend you seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam/consultation to go over all of the options

Thank you for your question.  It's hard to tell from the photo provided whether you have tuberous breasts although one areola appears puffier.  Different size implants can be used if you have different size breasts.  To determine whether you're a good candidate for breast augmentation, be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS