I was thinking of getting two syringes of Juvederm. Would I look ridiculous?

Hi i was thinking of getting two syringes of juvederm i want full lips like alena shishkova, maybe a bit bigger but not sure, what do you think would i look ridiculous?

Go slow, and remember that you can always add more but reversal is much more difficult.

It’s generally better to start off more conservatively and see what the result looks like before adding more later if necessary. Two syringes of Juvederm is a lot, and while ultimately you may want that much volume, you may also find that you like how your lips look with just one syringe. It ultimately depends the size of the lips you start with that determines if 2 syringes will be a lot. Go slow, and remember that you can always add more but reversal is much more difficult. Visit a board-certified dermatologist for an in-person consultation to come up with a treatment plan.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

2 syringes of filler for lips

My advice would be to try 1 syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus, wait 2 weeks, and then decide if you want more. This is more cost effective, and prevents the potential for overfilling and having to dissolve some of the filler with hyaluronidase.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for lips

It is always safe to start with one syringe of Juvederm, wait two weeks and then add more if you like.  Your lips are already quite full, so one syringe of Juvederm may be enough.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Lip Filler

Given your beautiful full lips, I would recommend starting with 1 syringe of Juvederm. This will add fullness and keep the beautiful shape of your lips. If more filler is placed you risk looking overdone and out of proportion. You can re-evaluate after a couple of weeks and add more if you desire but I wouldn't start with too much filler. Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced in aesthetic injections. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Injections with Juvederm

I would start with one syringe of Juvederm and see how you like the results.  If after a week you feel like you need more product you can have a second syringe.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm

If you are concerned with over treatment or experiencing an overdone looking result, my best advice is to have a conservative approach to filler. I advise that my patients start with using one syringe and waiting on additional syringes until they can see the full result with the initial injection. Consulting a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon and developing a treatment plan is the best way to ensure you have a result you are happy with. Hope this helps!

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD

How much Juvederm is needed for full lips

The amount of filler needed for lip fullness varies significantly from person to person.  In patients with very full lips or very thin lips, too much filler can create an unnatural appearance.  In patients with very full lips, too much volume can create an imbalance in the face.  It would be best to start with a smaller amount and add if necessary in 10-14 days once the swelling has subsided.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  As you already have youthful full lips two syringes of juvederm would be a bit much.  I would recommend starting with a single syringe and seeing your results incrementally as your injector places some filler material in place.  In this way you can make a gradual change and not risk an overdone appearance. Hope that this helps.

In my private Plastic surgery practice I offer a few sessions of lip injections, every 10 days slowly adding amounts until the patient is satisfied.

Lip filler

Thank you for your question.  The beauty of filler is you can add them gradually over time, there is no real you need to put "2" syringes in immediately.  I advise starting with one syringe of Juvederm, evaluating the outcome after a few weeks and then returning for more filler if necessary at a later date.  Another option for full lips like Alena Shishkova is to inject a syringe of Voluma which will give you much more volume initially and then again wait a week or two and reevaluate.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon