Breast lift w/aug, 6 weeks post and am worried about my left implant migrating toward the center of my chest. (Photo)

My left breast is moving toward the center of my chest. Seems to be getting worse, slowly. (hoped it was only swelling) Is there specific bra I can buy to help shift the left implant back over? I see my p.s. in a week but would like to do something asap. They say to stay away from underwire bras (until fully healed) but could it help or keep the implant where it is supposed to be to heal and form a pocket in the right place? Any help or input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Implant migration

It appears to me that you are having a medial migration of your left implant.  There are many reasons this can occur but it is likely that there is too much space at the cleavage portion of your left pocket, or there is some tightening of the outer left pocket pushing your implant towards the middle.

Normally, I would suggest outward stretching combined with a special breast separation bra (no underwire) that is made for just this reason.  You should not start any of these maneuvers without seeing your plastic surgeon first.  Given that the problem is worsening, you should try to schedule an appointment soon to discuss your situation.  If conservative measures don't improve the situation, there are ways to surgically stabilize the pocket, but hopefully that will not be necessary. Best of luck!

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift w/aug, 6 weeks post and am worried about my left implant migrating toward the center of my chest.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD