Muscle repair loose or just loose skin. Still weight the same have not gained weight. (photos)

Muscle repair loose or just loose skin. Have not gained weight 3 months post op. TT with muscle repair.

Tummy tuck

The one side shot photo comparison does not offer enough information to determine if a revision might be necessary.  Best of luck.

Muscle repair loose or just loose skin. Still weight the same have not gained weight.

Thank you for your question. From the photos, it's difficult to tell what exactly is going on. It's helpful to see preoperative photos also. I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon. It does appear that you have some areas of excess skin. It's difficult to comment on the muscle repair without examining you and knowing where you started.

Looseness

It is very difficult to tell from your pictures without examining you if your muscles are loose.  You would need comparison with your pictures soon after surgery to see if there was a change.  

Allen M. Doezie, MD

Loose skin?

Thanks for the question and the photo. Congratulations on having your surgery. Depending on the elasticity of your skin, you may have skin that has stretched following the resection. There also might be fluid underneath. Hopefully your surgeon can give you an idea. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Post TT what is going on?

Hi flores

My answer is based on these assumptions.  The pic on the right is post op and you are not holding in or pushing out your abdomen on either photo.  Also know that a full exam and review of your med/surg history is needed.

Looking at the single view of the pics, I would say that you have redundant skin left over, and a significant fat pad from umbilicus to flanks.  I can't comment on the muscle layer other than to say that it might be too tight in some areas and too loose in others, or, may be too loose or just right.

Obviously, you need to discuss with your doctor. There may be other reasons why you appear as you do post op and everything must be taken into account.

All the best.

sek

Muscle repair loose or just loose skin

Thank you for your question. It will be hard to comment with only these two pictures. Helpful to see before pictures. You need to be physically assessed by a board certified PS. Please talk to your PS and express your concerns.

It is hard to give specific advice from just seeing the two photos that you posted. It would be best to see some before pics. From what I can see you still have some loose skin and excess fat. 

Concerns with tummy tuck results.

It is hard to make an accurate determination without a preoperative photos and a physical examination. Being able to review the previous surgeon's operative report would give a better idea about what was originally done.  What does your previous surgeon say about your results? Having a one-on-one consultation and examination with another plastic surgeon would yield the best answers