What to do if your chin implant moved? (photos)

Hi, I have a question : In June 2016 i had a Chin Inplant surgery and i loved it up until a couple of days i've noticed it moved a little and it's not where it's supposed to be. What do you suggest i do? I had the procedure done in Guadalajara Mexico when i was living there earlier this year but i won't be traveling there in a while so i would like an opinion closer to home. Thank you!

Chin Implant Movement: Options

Chin implants can be placed through the mouth or through an under the chin incision. They can be made of numerous materials, with the most common being silicone. After about one week they should be relatively immobile and secure. Movement after a prolonged period of time, may indicate a possible infection and/or malposition of the implant. It would be important to know how it was placed and what type and size of implant it was. Correction may involve taping, open revision, removal, and or replacement of the implant.

What to do if your chin implant moved?

The only way to ascertain that the implant has not moved is by having it secured to the bone with mini titanium screws. Do you know if that was performed initially? Otherwise just wait for 6 months to let all the swelling resolve in order to make a decision if you need a revision. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon