Do I keep on exercising even though I swell up after my run & weight training?

I am 7 weeks post op TT with lipo. My PS told me I can resume my running weights and Aldo to take it easy. I started running 2-3 miles 6x a week and also using 5-10 lbs for my strength training. I wear my abd binder during & after my workouts .Do I continue my exercise even thou I swell up after? I feel more tightness than pain. Thank you

Swelling with activity after tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. It is completely normal for you to swell with activity after abdominoplasty with liposuction, and this swelling, to some degree, will happen for months. This is multifactorial, but your lymphatics play a large role in this and it takes a while to adjust. Listen to your body-as long as it is mild discomfort and tightness, you are likely fine to continue to workout. Using your binder and compression garment will be helpful in supporting your recovery and minimizing swelling, as you are already doing. Ultimately, your plastic surgeon knows your body well so I would head their advice and encourage you to schedule an appointment should you have any concerns or if pain develops.
Happy healing and I am impressed with your level of activity at 7 weeks!
Dr. Hustak

Exercise post TT and Lipo

Thank you for your question.First and foremost, you should definitely listen to your PS's post operative instructions. Judging by what you've said regarding the swelling, you are doing too much.  The swelling is your body's way of telling you to please slow down. Also, wearing your binder is probably making your body temperature hotter and that's probably uncomfortable as well. Start off by doing either cardio OR strength training at 3 times per week max. THEN gradually work back up to all that you were doing before your procedure. Best of luck in your continued recovery!

Fred Hackney, MD