Yellow fluid coming out of my left breast after Breast implants. Any suggestions?

Hello I got breast implants done about 4 months ago and about 3 weeks after I got them done my left breast got swollen then started leaking a yellow fluid then it stopped for about 1 week but it started coming out again but it looks a lot thicker and my breast feels hard what should I do

Breast Implant Infection

It is likely you have a low grade infection around your implant. If you have been following up with your surgeon and he has not yet taken action, you should visit an ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon for proper care. 

Drainage after BA

I'm sorry to hear you are having troubles this far out from your procedure. That is not common, and needs to be watched closely by your surgeon. A trial of antibiotics is the logical first step, but you should be seen ASAP. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Discharge from your breast

whether from the incision or the nipple requires an evaluation by your surgeon or primary care physician, depending on where the fluid is coming from.  This is not something you watch and hope for resolution... its needs to be seen and treated.

Curtis Wong, MD

Yellow Drainage

With swelling and drainage you should see your surgeon. This is not a normal incidence. You should have evaluated. Geed Luck to you.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

Yellow fluid in the breast

With yellow fluid coming out of the incision, this probably represents a seroma which need to be addressed by your operating surgeon. I would make plans to see he or she as soon as possible. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Yellow fluid coming out of my left breast after Breast implants. Any suggestions? = follow up with your plastic surgeon #ba

Patients with questions and concerns about their breast augmentation with implants (e.g fluid discharge, etc) should address those concerns with the plastic surgeon that performed the operation.

John Mesa, MD