Restylane/Juvederm or Perlane to achieve big full lips?

Hello. I look forward to get my lips. I have a nice plumped bottom lip but no top lip, I want to get two syringes (2cc) of HA fillers in my top lip I'm not afraid to go overboard I like it. My questions is, which lip filler is the best to achieve big full lips when you originally have thin lips? I've heard that Perlane is good as the particules are bigger so they make your lips fuller and Juvederm ultra by its fluidity makes you use more product so doesn't really make your lips that big Thanks

Filler for the lips

I prefer to use Restylane Silk for the lips.  For my first-time patients, I typically recommend trying one-half or one vial per lip.  Two full vials may create quite a dramatic change for some patients.  That being said, one of the benefits of Restylane is that it can be easily dissolved with hyaluronidase.  So, if too much is injected, it can be easily corrected.  Effects of Restylane typically last 3-4 months in the lips.

Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Filler For Lips

This is a matter of preference and responses will vary. My preference for the lips is Juvederm Ultra XC or Restylane Silk. In those who need more volume I use the Juvederm. A skilled and experienced injector will be able to tell you which filler is best for you and how many syringes you will need to give you the best results. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Lip augmentation

Lip augmentation can be done with hyaluronic acid like perlane, juvedermn, or restylane. They are all good fillers.

Lip Enhancement and best fillers

The best lip enhancement can be determined in person based on the shape of your lips and how full you want them.  Restylane and Juvederm are both great products.  I personally do not like Perlane for the lips as I find the product too hard for the lips.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip Enlargement

My personal preference is for the use of Juvederm Ultra XC or Ultra Plus.  Many others use Restylane and achieve good results.  Allow your plastic surgeon or dermatologist to use what they're most comfortable and experienced with. Remember to avoid any blood thinners for 7-10 days to minimize any bruising and enjoy!

Jon A. Perlman, MD