Same nose 2 years after Rhinoplasty ?

Hello. It's been two years after my rhinoplasty and yet I can't see any changes at all. I had the procedure in 2014 because my nose was long and the tip was bulbous (I'm fair skinned) I asked for a shorter nose and the after pictures the surgeon showed me looked fantastic but my nose looks nothing like it. My own parents didn't notice I had a rhinoplasty. I paid the procedure 6k. I have a bump on the side of my nose now like a shadow. you can feel a bump there. Any idea what happened? Thank you

Post op rhinoplasty

the best approach would be to compare your pre and post op photos with your surgeon. There are often subtle changes in the nose which result after rhinoplasty. Best to consult your plastic surgeon.

Two years Post Rhinoplasty

Dear ambremeow, A side by side comparison of your pre-operative photographs and post operative photographs would be beneficial in seeing what changes were made from your surgery. I would suggest speaking with your surgeon so you can review the photographs together and see what changes you would like to make you happy with your results. The good thing is that your nose was not over reduced and it is easier to refine a nose with revision rhinoplasty then to rebuild one that has been over reduced. Speak with your surgeon and discuss your concerns so that they can be resolved as every surgeons concern is ensuring patient satisfaction. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Revision rhinoplasty for the unsatisfactory results.

A revision rhinoplasty can correct the problems that you currently have. I cannot tell you why these occurred. See a very experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist does natural looking noses and not the overdone look. Look at many examples of his work with revision rhinoplasty which is more difficult than primary rhinoplasty. 

Same Nose 2 Years after Rhinoplasty

It is impossible to speculate about your results without comparing pre-operative pictures and your present appearance; reviewing your operative report would also be helpful. If you're not satisfied with the response of your surgeon consult with a revision rhinoplasty expert.

Few changes after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  I'm sorry that you have not seen the changes you were hoping for.  Rhinoplasty is a difficult and nuanced operation.  Have you discussed your concerns with your surgeon?  If you haven't, this is the best place to start.  If you have and they don't share your opinion, then you may benefit from a second opinion.  Without more information, its going to be difficult to answer the "what happened?" question.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon