Noose affect after a year and a half?

I had a lower face lift 1 and 1/2 years ago and from the second day I told my surgeon my neck was too tight..he said it would get better, but it hasn't..he said he doesn't know how to fix it..he used permanent sutures..he said he has never performed a revision and hasn't been able to help there any help for me, I am really miserable...I am 70 years old

Neck Lift Revision

I suggest you see an expert in neck lifting there are many here in beverly hills such as jason diamond, ben talei, garth fisher, leif rogers, greg mueller just to name a few. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer. 

A bit unusual . . .

I agree that this is a bit unusual, especially persisting more than a few months after surgery (often times patients of course feel a new tightness following a face/necklift, and it is something to get used to), but usually this resolves with respect to actual discomfort.  The good news might be that permanent sutures could be found and removed, but difficult to guarantee that this would help (although having removed uncomfortable permanent sutures and/or scar tissue elsewhere on the body - i.e. the breast area - has helped, in my experience).  Just make sure to see a highly experienced plastic surgeon.

Seek A Second Opinion

It is not normal to have a "noose affect" after a facelift.  Seek a second opinion with a highly experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Take a copy of your operative report with you to that appointment.  Request this report from your plastic surgeon.  Your medical records belong to you.  Best wishes.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Neck Feels Too Tight after Lower Facelift, Longterm

You may need to have another opinion from an experienced, reputable plastic surgeon on how best to relieve this abnormally tight feeling in your neck. Re-exploration with removal of some of these permanent sutures or relaxing incisions for your platysma muscle may be helpful. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon