Want to get the rest of the saline out if there is any left in there at this point. Does anyone know how long it stays in there?

I got my lap band surgery in 2006 and was wondering how long saline stays in the band. I still have a lot of issues/restriction when I eat but haven't lost any more weight after the intial 40 lbs. I'm guessing my pouch is probably stretched out a bit and that's part of the problem. I want to get the rest of the saline out if there is any left in there at this point. Does anyone know how long it stays in there?

Last recorded volume should still be accurate.

LapBands in 2006 were mostly the 10cm size. These were smaller volume, high pressure Bands, holding about 3.5 mL. Rep's usually quoted a 0.1 mL fluid loss per year. I honestly don't know if there is any literature to back up this statement. You probably should consider the amount that was last reported during an adjustment to be the current volume.
Make sure you go to a center that is well versed in LapBand adjustments using apropriate needles and can do it easily in the office. Adjustments should be reasonably priced if not covered by your insurance.

Honolulu Bariatric Surgeon