What kind of treatment needed and a price range in Southern California? I am actually in Riverside, CA. (photos)

I am 54 and in need of a face lift, neck, eye and brow lift but would that remove these deep wrinkles or do I need laser as well? I would also like to have lips which I have never had nothing out rageouse but not temporary either. The CO 2 looks painful but great results. Also how many years will the results last that are recommended? Also any other recommendations for me would be appreciated . Thank you

Facelift fees in Southern California

The cost of facelift like other procedure vary considerably across the country and even in the same area depending on the cost structure. More expensive cities such as New York or Los Angeles, or areas with fewer board certified plastic surgeons may be more expensive than South Florida. Our facelift price starts at $4000 + MD Anesthesia.

For the highest standards and cost containment, consult with experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons who own their own nationally accredited surgery center.

Consult in person with three experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Treatment Options

Hello and thank you for your  questions and photos.  To start at the most basic level a Facelift will not help with your deep wrinkles, you would need to look into having laser resurfacing.  I chose to use the Erbium Laser but I do require that you are under general anesthesia for this procedure which is why it is a great add-on item to a facelift.  Make sure that you find a great esthecian to maintain your skin once you have had surgery.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and they can help guide you in the right direction. Best of luck!

John Ward, MD (retired)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Treatment recommendations

Thanks for sending your photos for reference.  I would recommend starting with a face and neck lift. When indicated due to the  degree of aging, a facelift is a foundational procedure that is synergistic when combined with other procedures like fillers and laser resurfacing. The facelift will tone and reposition tissues which will bring definition to the underlying bone structure of your face. Laser will further treat surface texture of the skin, lessen  sun damage and smooth fine lines.  Fillers or fat grafting will restore volume and shape especially in the midface but can also soften residual lines and deeper folds. These procedures can be done simultaneously or sequentially to address your concerns. Botox and a good skin care regimen would also be recommended before and after these procedures and is  important for maintenance. I hope this a helpful guide though more information would be ideal to formulate the best plan of action for your specific situation. 

Stephen Fink, DO FAOCO
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

More youthful face for severe sun damage

To maximize obtaining a more youthful face you need a lower face and neck lift, replace volume lost in areas such as the lips, possibly a brow lift, and definitely have a traditional CO2 laser resurfacing. 

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a laser too?

Most patients benefit from a daily skincare regimen and occasional re-surfacing treatments (eg laser) throughout the year; this would be complementary to any surgical procedure. Surgery is excellent for removing extra skin and improving contours, but not so great for skin care problems. I hope this helps.

What kind of treatment needed and a price range in Southern California? I am actually in Riverside, CA.

Hi, I have performed many facelifts over the past 30 years. From the attached photos, the cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess facial and neck fat along with excess facial skin evidenced by jowls and nasolabial folds. These combine to create a rectangular shaped face.  There is evidence of extensive sun damage to the skin with deel lines and wrinkles.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation using a dermal filler (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or with cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks anteriorly that will feminize the entire face.

Jowls are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a facelift. The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured. The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

•very small incisions
•minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
•can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without anesthesia
•no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
•excess fat can be removed
•excess skin removed
•cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
•most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

IMHO, you should consider starting out with a facelift, shaping the cheeks with a full gace 30% TCA peel.  This would create better looking skin along with a more youthful, feminine and naturally attarctive face.  

Hope this helps.

Facial rejuvenation in California

Thank you for asking about your facial rejuventation.

• There is a lot that can be done.
  • Based on the photos -
  • For your lips, in-office lip lift is a good way to start. An implant can be done if that is not enough.
  • For your skin - medical skin care to start repairing your skin.
  • Then the facial surgery.
  • The skin care may yield dramatic results in 6 months - if not, then have a CO2 laser or phenol peel.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Facial Rejuvenation: options, costs, choosing

Dear Ms. Livinsloher,

Thank you for your story, questions and photos.

Based on the photos you would benefit from a combination of:
1) non invasive (lasers, Radio Frequency, skin care/aesthesticians and medications)
2) minimally invasive (fillers, collagen stimulatents, internal skin shrinkage (Themi Lift)
3) short hidden incisional skin contouring (face/neck lift, brow lift,  blephroplasty, fat injections, etc).

Total costs based on several components:
A)what part of the country you have your surgery (coastal cities higher than inland cities)
B)surgeons fees (more experienced surgeons are higher than less experienced)
C)anesthesia fees (nurse anesthetist vs Bd. Cert. Anesthesiologist)  
D)facility fees (operations done in a hospital setting are higher in total cost)
E) special equipment needed

Please search RealSelf & Am. Society of Plastic Surgery web sites for the sections on the average costs and fees.

I feel compelled to state that while total cost should always be taken into consideration
it is your face and we usually "get what we pay for".

I would contact a Plastic Surgeon in your area that not only performs surgery (if needed) but in addition has collection of up to date non surgical technology.

When we combine non surgical and short hidden incisional techniques together we refer to this concept as "Synergy".... each technique magnifying on each other to obtain results you could not achieve with just surgery or lasers alone.

Fees would be based on the customized facial rejuvenation plan agreed upon by you and your Plastic Surgeon.

Please make a appt. with experienced Plastic Surgeon who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).

My best wishes,

R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
(951) 686-7600

Face neck left and eyelid surgery candidate

The photographs demonstrate the facial changes of aging. The goal of a lower face and neck lift is to lift the jowls, tighten loose facial and neck skin, tighten loose facial and neck muscles, and remove the fatty deposits in the neck. The eyebrows appear to be in a good position and do not need to be lifted. A better set of photographs are required to make a determination of being a candidate for eyelid surgery. For many examples of both procedures and our current price list, please see the link and the video below

Laser with Facelift

In regards to your planned procedures: a facelift, neck lift, brow lift and blepharoplasty can provide a nice improvement to the skin laxity and will nicely rejuvenate the face, but these procedures will not address the texture of the skin.  Laser resurfacing would be needed to address skin textural concerns.  I frequently perform fractional CO2 laser resurfacing safely at the same time as facelift surgery.  Historically, with non-fractionated lasers, surgeons were concerned that performing these procedures together would provide excess trauma to the skin and increase the risk of complications.  Multiple studies have subsequently shown the combination of fractionated laser resurfacing and facelift surgery can be safely performed simultaneously.  The advantage is the need for only one recovery period.  The laser treatments are typically not painful during the healing process.  

Jill Hessler, MD
Palo Alto Facial Plastic Surgeon