I have completely different nostrils, can this be fixed? What kind of surgery would I need to fix this? (Photos)

I've always been self conscious about my nose. Always hate it pictures or having to stare at people face to face. Now that I'm older I really want to get it fix.. Is it possible? Will it look normal??

Asymmetric Nostrils

Based on the limited photos provided here, it is likely that there is an anatomic issue on the inside of your nose that is contributing to the asymmetry seen in your nostrils.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Hi Gti123,Making asymmetric nostrils more symmetric is a very difficult task.  The task gets more difficult the more asymmetric the nostrils are and yours are very asymmetric.  However, they can certainly be made more even than they are currently.  The approach in your particular situation generally would be to lower your right nostril rim.  This can be achieved by unfurling the tissue of the right nostril rim and inserting a strip of cartilage usually harvested from your nasal septum to keep the unfurled skin in position.  It may also be necessary to do some minor cut-outs of the base of the nose to improve symmetry. Best,Warwick Nettle  

Dear Gti123, Your nostril asymmetry can be improved with surgery by straightening the deviated septum, and addressing the cartilages in the tip of your nose. Seek some consultations with experts in the field and you should have a vast improvement in your nasal aesthetics. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Nasal Asymmetry

Hello,The nostril aperture is dictated by the entirely soft tissue of the ala laterally, the nasal sill inferiorly, the columella medially and the tip complex superiorly.  In general, the ala and nasal sill are rarely asymmetric from right to left. However, as it is your case, the columella and tip complex is usually the cause of nostril asymmetry. It appears that your septum is also involved.  A rhinoplasty surgery can completely fix this issue. Go visit a few rhinoplasty specialists. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Different Nostrils

The asymmetry of your nostrils can be reduced. A procedure to straighten your septum, reduce the asymmetry of your tip cartilages, lower your retracted nostril rims will improve nostril appearance. Consult with a rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your options and establish reasonable goals.

Uneven nostrils?

your nostril asymmetry can be improved but they will never be perfectly the same. You can have a more attractive tip and nose. See several very experienced surgeons and look at photos they have of noses like yours before  proceeding with surgery.