I had a breath reduction 10 yrs ago, and I have been considering getting my nipples pierced.

I do have feeling in them but I'm concerned that I won't have it anymore. Also will it affect the healing with the scar tissue already there

Nipple piercing can impact sensation

but its unlikely to do so.  Still, only you can decide if that small risk is worth it to have your piercings done.  

Nipple Piercing after breast reduction

Hi liz8824,

I think it would be safe for you to have a nipple piercing 10 years after breast reduction. However, you might experience loss of sensation or an increased irritable type of sensation. Consider this carefully. Are the trade-offs worth it? Good luck!

Alfonso Oliva, MD, FACS
Spokane Plastic Surgeon