Feeling Depressed after BA. I feel too small!! (photo)

5'8", 140 lbs, 44 yrs old, was 34A cup. 25 days post BA with Saline mod profile, 390 cc to the right and 360 cc to the left. Still feels like I look deformed and small. I should have gone for bigger. Feeling very depressed. Trying to tell myself to wait 3-6 months for the implants to settle but got the feelings the end result will be disappointing. Was aiming for a fuller C or samller D cup. Is it still too early or my gut feelings are right that I will neither be a C nor D? Thank you

Try not to be depressed

over things you cannot change... if you had an active role in size selection, you should end up with something close to what you wanted.  More importantly, your surgeon should be helping you with manipulating the implants to help them settle asap as time alone will not bring those down to a satisfactory level.   Regardless, at this point, you must let yourself heal and then you can review your concerns with your surgeon.  If things are not settling, you should find out what your surgeon's revision policy is as you will need it.

Feeling Depressed after BA. I feel too small!!

I would not jump having more surgery just yet.I would say that the implants will likely settle into a better position after 6 weeks and at that point you can discuss your option with your surgeon. As they settle into place they will look better and have a more natural shape

Julio Garcia, MD

It's way too early to pass final judgement. Although you have not stated- it appears your implants are under the muscle. It will take several months for them to settle. If after 4-6 months- you're still unhappy, discuss with your Surgeon repositioning your implants to over the muscle

Implant size

You are still early in the recovery period.  It is advised to wait the 3-6 months as you suggested before making any decisions about more surgery.  Your breasts will soften and the overall look will continue to change for several more weeks.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon so that he/she may be able to better help you.  You may just find that you are very pleased with your results once your breasts have settled.

Camille Cash, MD

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Concern

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

The right size for you

The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and "less natural" in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

Breast Augmentation Result

Great question, 25 days after surgery is still too early to determine what your cup size will be. Implants are still riding high and will drop 4-6 months after surgery be patient, and best of luck.

Post op

waaayyyy too early to tell. let it settle and drop into positon. be patient................................

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Size after surgery

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear that you are not yet enjoying your new breast. However, it is still too early to determine what size your breast will actually be. Your breast are still sitting relatively high, which means that they still have a significant amount of dropping and "fluffing" to do. Typically, it takes about 4-6 months before you can determine what your new bra size is. Try to be patient and not get too down about the size! Best of luck.

Feeling Depressed - Breasts too small?

Thank you for your question and photos.  My advice is to wait 4-6 months prior to considering a "final" result.  General rule-of-thumb is that 200cc is about one bra cup size.  I wish you the best of luck.