Why do I have a dent in my left breast cleavage? (photo)

I am 1 month and a couple days post op. I have 650 ccs in the left breast and 665 in the right breast, saline under the mussel. About 2 days ago I noticed I have a dent in the cleavage of my left breast (right side looking at the picture) is this something I should be worried about? Or are things just shifting and trying to settle? I have not done anything strenuous to cause this.

Dent in Breast

This dent represents an incomplete division of a pectoral muscle attachment. It will probably improve with time, but may not be completely smooth. 
Give it 6 months. 

Why do I have a dent in my left breast cleavage?

You are early in the healing process. Your implants will continue to settle for the next few months and the breast appearance will change. Address any concerns or questions with your surgeon. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Augmentation

Thanks you for your question.  This is something that you should point out to your surgeon and have it assessed in person.  It is most likely due to either incomplete release of the muscle or a tethering at that point.  It can also be due to lack of fat or breast tissue in the area.  It can be remedied depending on the reason.  Best of Luck

"Dent in cleavage"

Yes, the depression in the cleavage is from either scar tissue contracting at that point, or more likely, the muscle was not released enough when the implants were placed. If it is still there in a few months, it can be released.

Dent in the medial cleavage

The dent you are noticing can be caused by:
1)pec muscle tethering
2)rippling of skin
3)lack of fat in this spot region;
This dent can be corrected in the office with a little fat grafting that will camouflage this area almost like puddy. Is the dent worsened with animation? See your surgeon so that he/she can examine you.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Dent in breast

At one month out there still some healing left to go. Without seeing you in person, and feeling the thickness of your tissues, and being able to ascertain whether this represents a wrinkle in the implant, intelligent advice cannot be given. I don't think it's anything that represents an emergency and I would follow up with your plastic surgeon over the next few weeks. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS