Very concerned re: the conditions of my breast after BA, 6 weeks Post Op. (photos)

I know its way too early for making any final judgement about my breasts, however I am just getting very concerned they don't look right, compared to others who are at the stage as I am now. My ps didn't tell me anything about post op massage or bands. Breasts look deformed. They just don't look right. They are not even square, they look like cones, triangular, Shall I seek 2nd opinion? Will I need revision? under muscles, saline 360cc and 390cc. Please help.

Revision breast surgery

Hello and thank you for the question.You definitely need more time to heal before making any determinations, but from the photos it seems that you will have at least some asymmetry once the breasts are totally settled -  this will take several months to determine. I would need to see your pre-op photos or examine you in person to give you better feedback. I would recommend consulting with your surgeon to relay your concerns.Warmest Regards,Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Breast Asymmetry

Hello,Although it is unlikely you will have perfect symmetry once you've healed, there is absolutely no reason to 'massaging your implants in a downward direction everyday'.  Implant massage has been repeatedly shown to have no impact on your outcome, either in the normal healing processes or with the prevention or treatment of capsular contracture. This is widely known, but there is this nagging habit many plastic surgeons still have in recommending it.You will need to wait at least 3 months before making an assessment. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Asymmetric Breast

Thank you for your question. At this point of your postoperative recovery, I would recommend speaking to your plastic surgeon in regards to your questions.  Your own plastic surgeon will have a better understanding of what he performed and what your final outcome will be. I would not recommend any revision surgery for at least three months from your initial date of surgery.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant asymmetry

Hi, at six weeks post-op you still have a ways to go to see your final result.  Having said that, it is pretty certain your final result will end up being very asymmetric.  Both implants need to be in a lower position, particularly the left one.  Your left implant also needs to be moved more medially to create symmetric cleavage.  If the implants are put into the proper position you will not need any type of lift procedure.  For now, I would advise massaging your implants in a downward direction vigorously everyday.  There is no rush to doing a revision surgery.  It can be done now or later if you prefer to see how they look a few months from now.I hope this information is helpful!Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry

You need to have a revision right away to correct your asymmetry as it is not going to get better; I would also consider a small breast lift if you are interested in perfection. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Post breast augmentation asymmetry

Thank you for your photos which demonstrate asymmetry of your breasts.  Please be in contact with your surgeon for their recommendations.  Your surgeon has a more intimate knowledge of what was experienced intraoperatively and will have a desire for you to achieve a pleasing result.  Best wishes 

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Post op breast deformity

I think you should voice your concerns to your plastic surgeon. It certainly looks like the implants are high riding (one more than the other) and I suspect that some sort of revision will be required. It is fixable, but  you may need to wait a while longer before any intervention. 

Paul Jason Skoll, MBChB, FRCS, FCS (SA) Plast
South Africa Plastic Surgeon