My breasts are itching?

My breasts are itching after my augmentation, why is this? Is this a sign of stretch marks?!?!

Breast augmentation

Thanks for your question and don't worry, what you are feeling is just a part of the normal healing process. It will get better in the next few days to weeks. 

Itching

Congrats on your augmentation! Itching can happen for many reasons and it depends on the type of augmentation and how far out from surgery you are. It also depends if there is any sign of infection, redness or skin changes. Interestingly, sometimes itching is a sign of recovering nerves in patients who have had changes in sensation following augmentation. It can also be associated with just the expansion of the skin and breast tissue depending on where the implant was placed. Good luck, MMT

Itching after breast augmentation

There are many reasons for itching after breast augmentation. You could have an allergic reaction to an antibiotic, a new bra, or any creams you are using. it may be just a healing process. Consult with your surgeon to make sure this is a normal postoperative course.

Susan Kaweski, MD