Will my breasts drop even more? (Photo)

It's only been two days post op, I feel like my breasts are perfect and I do not need the chest strap anymore! I do not want them to drop even more!

Straps

Straps have never shown to change the outcome of a procedure, same can be said for implant massage. You do not have to use your strap if you don't want to.  Your implants will 'drop and fluff' regardless.

Will my implants drop more?

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photos. Your implants are going to settle either you wear  the strap or not, but it is avoiding them to go or stay to high. I recommend you follow your plastic surgeon instructions for your best final outcome.

Dr. Milla

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Will my breasts drop even more?

Very early in the healing process. Your implants still need to fall into the bottom portion of the breast allowing your nipples to be in a more desirable position.  It takes a good 3-6 months to reach your final result.  Any questions or concerns should be directed to your surgeon.

All the best to you. 

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after augmentation

Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of surgery and implants were placed. Often times the implant will move and drop down but it is hard to say so early after surgery. Your doctor may have had you in a chest strap for a very good reason and it is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well.  Best of luck with a speedy recovery, MMT

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Implants Drop?

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Swelling usually accounts for 10 - 15% of the initial post-operative appearance. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Will my breasts drop even more?

Thank you for your inquiry and sharing your photos. The changes that take place over the next couple of weeks and months are subtle. The implants may settle around the nipple areola complex to round out the lower portion of the breast a bit more but again these are subtle changes and your breasts will still have a great shape. The strap is to allow the implant to settle in the right space within the breast. Talk to your surgeon about their recommendations on when they feel you shoudl discontinue wearing the strap and speak to them about your concern. That is why we are here!

Breast drop

It is typical for the breasts to drop after a few weeks. How much they drop depends upon the preoperative laxity of the soft tissue, the way the pocket was dissected, the size of the implants, when and how massage is begun and the post operative support. I would advise you to not putsh the implants down when massaging and to go in to an underwire bra now if they are in the position you want. To me, they appear quite high still and unnatural. Some people like that look. Take you time in deciding and be sure to discuss anything you plan on doing with your surgeon.

Hope this helps

Dr. J

Implant position

Thanks for your question. The implants will probably settle in a little bit more, but not much. Your tissues around the implant will relax after a few more weeks, and then you will have a more natural look. The volume will not change much though. You appear to have a very nice result! Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Yes, they will

It can take up to 6 months for your breast implants to fully settle in the pocket. Many plastic surgeons tend to place implants higher in the breast pocket to compensate. You should wear the chest strap as long as your plastic surgeon recommends to achieve the best results. Stopping after 2 days of wearing a chest strap may not have a noticeable affect on the final position of your breasts. Since you are happy with the position, tell your plastic surgeon at your next appointment and see what he or she recommends.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD