Should I have gone for bigger implants? (photos)

I am in my 40's, 5'8", 140 lbs, 7 days post op, I was 34A after breast feeding and loosing weight. Now I have 390cc Saline to the right and 360cc Saline to the left, under muscle, I didn't want to look like an adult movie star! Wanted fuller C/small D. I tried 397 cc pre op. My PS is amazing but I am wondering if my decesion was wrong...:( If I should have asked for bigger! I did buy the extended warranty and kind of hoping if my boobies would just deflate and then I can get my bigger boobs !!

As your implants settle

you will get a better idea as to whether you are the size you wished for.  In sizing with my patients, whatever they pick in the unlined bra, 10% is added to that volume to help provide the desired look.  Regardless, you will be significantly larger when you are healed so try to enjoy your fuller, new look!

Post op breast augmentation

I would advise waiting to determine this because you are only a week out of surgery and your breasts are still swollen. It takes 8-12 months for things to settle.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. I would not make any judgement regarding your results this early. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Early result

Thanks for your inquiry. It is early in your result and it will take several weeks to appreciate the result.  I suggest you heal first and give it some time before drawing a conclusion.  Be communicating your concerns with your plastic surgeon, good luck.  

Implant size is a very personal choice

Size of desired breasts is a personal choice. Only you can be a judge to that fact.  You are seeing a very early result from your surgery.  It will change over next few months. Wait and do not rush to judgement.

Vasdev Rai, MD

You need to see your surgeon

The main issue is not the size of the implants but the position of the implants. Your implants are staying too high and breast tissue is falling off. It is early but I do not think that this will improve much with time. The worst thing would be to go bigger since your lower pole of breast did not stretch and bigger implants will make it worse. You do not need lift but just lowering the implants and do dual planes. Your surgeon is your ally and will help to fix it.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Should I have gone for bigger implants?

Thank you for your question. You are in early phase of healing. Please follow instructions from your PS. Implants will drop with time and reevaluate in 3 months.

Too soon to tell

At only 1 week it is still early in the healing process after breast augmentation. As the implants soften, settle and drop the breast shape will change. It can take 4-6 months to see your final results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeon for his or her evaluation and advice. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francsico Bay Area

#realself #breastaugmentation #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon