Type of gynocomastia surgery? Revision from benelli lift? Free nipple graft? What type do I need? (photos)

I had a chest reduction he did a baneli lift with lipo and removal of gland. Did not like results new doctor said he is doing a pedistal lift. I asked for a free nipple graft but he said no. What lift to make it look correct?

About the Gynecomastia Surgical Techniques

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Lastly, it is crucial you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

I rarely do a free nipple graft

There are definite problems doing a free nipple graft. You can lose colour and rarely 
even lose the areolar and nipple tissue.
You definitely need to be seen in person. you may get the best result by doing it 
over 2 surgeries several months apart  to limit the scarring.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Type of gynocomastia surgery? Revision from benelli lift? Free nipple graft? What type do I need?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after previous chest wall surgery.   Although a free nipple graft technique may allow for the flattest chest wall appearance, this technique may not be feasible in your case.   Unfortunately, nothing will replace in-person evaluation when it comes to giving you precise enough advice. Best wishes  as you make your decisions and for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Pedical lift versus Free Nipple Graft

Thanks for sharing your photos. There are advantages and disadvantages to each of the procedures mentioned. Based on your photos I might suggest you avoid the free nipple as it might loose pigment and some tissue might not survive. There may not be enough skin to bring down as well. A pedicaled approach might allow for a leaner flatter appearance and would only likely require a verticle incision as an addition. Sounds kind of complicated but shouldn't be. Speak with an experience plastic/breast surgeon and look at  all options. Thanks

Michael D. Cohen, MD

Free nipple graft

It certainly looks like you have a lot of loose skin.  A free nipple graft is usually my "go to" operation because it keeps the chest flatter than a pedicle type procedure.