What kind of results can I expect? Tummy tuck, breast reduction, massive weight loss (Photo)

8/27 I go for a chest reduction and tummy tuck. My current weight is 260 down from 420. I know is should probably wait but my stomach over my belt bothers me. My suergon told me he normaly doesn't lipo the upper stomach during a tummy tuck only the flanks. Is this common? Hope I didn't make a bad choice. Also realistic will I see that much of improvement from this surgery?

Combining a Tummy Tuck with Gynecomastia Surgery

It is not uncommon to combine a tummy tuck with male breast reduction. There are three types of surgical treatment options available to treat gynecomastia.  The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient.

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look.

The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. For instance, studies have shown that patients with BMI > 30kg/m sq (placing them in the obese category) have a higher complication rate. Therefore, it is important for patients to be as close as possible to their normal body weight prior to surgery. Not only will this decrease risks of complications, but will also enhance the aesthetic results. Further, normal body weight is different from one patient to another.

Lastly, it is crucial you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Abdominoplasty

That is my preferred way as well. I do not usually perform liposuction of the abdominal flap at the same time as a tummy tuck because of risk of viability of the elevated skin.

Liposuction

Lipo- abdomnoplasty is possible. Upper abdomen can be liposuctioned at the same time of the abdominoplasty.