Free nipple graft or pedistal lift? Had gynecomastia in August w/ beneli lift. Not happy going for revision in 3 wks. (photo)

Hi doctors I need to make sure this time it looks normal. I feel gross and super embarrassed of my chest. Everyone says it looked better before. I don't care about scars I lost over 200 lbs I just want a flat chest. Am I better off doing a free nipple graft or the pesistal lift?

About the Gynecomastia Surgical Techniques

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Lastly, it is crucial you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Free nipple graft

Thank you for the question and photo, GMARGIOTTA,

I'm not a big fan of free nipple grafts.  You can achieve a flat chest with skin excision without a free nipple graft.  Of course, it would be helpful to evaluate the tissues in person, but there is very little role for free nipple grafting in gynecomastia surgery.

Tim Neavin, MD

Gyneocmastia surgery

Congratulations on your weight loss!.  You might be best  off with a free nipple graft to remove the excess skin and avoid a pedicle type look of some fullness.    I see you already have an upper body lift scar as well.

Lift or free graft

Thank you for the question but an examination is really needed to evaluate your skin laxity and whether there is residual tissue or fat contributing to your problem.  So get some second opinions from experts in your area.

Dr. Corbin 

Frederic H. Corbin, MD