Am I a candidate for a lower body lift with a fleur de lis? Original doctor say no but new doctor says yes
Doctor Answers 4
Massive weight loss require comprehensive approach
When one looses weight to that magnitude the tissues thin out and skin become lax. This phenomenon occurs not only in the front of the abdomen but also on the sides and the back. As a consequence you have loose tummy skin, thigh ptosis and buttock ptosis.
From the photograph you have posted you certainly have excess skin in both the up and down plane and well as the horizontal (side to side) plane of you tummy. The correction for this situation would require a flour de lis to address both issues adequately.
This procedure can be combined with a full lower body lift to provide a comprehensive correction all around.
Any pure tummy procedure will not look after problems on the thigh and back and I would suggest a detailed consultation with your plastic surgeon regarding the same.
The down side of Fleur de lis procedure is the vertical scar which can become lumpy particularly as it closes on to the sternal chest area.
Lower body lift is of course a much more involved procedure as compared to Fleur de lis but will provide
comprehensive correction which is not achievable by any other abdominal procedure.
Wish you the best of luck on your journey to getting the body you desire.
Body lift or Fleur de lis?
Fleur de lis?
You might also like...
Body lift with or without a fleur-de-lis incision
- Congratulations on your weight loss!
- Based on the amount of weight you lost, a fleur-de-lis incision is likely.
- That said, an examination of you standing - to assess the excess lateral skin is needed to be sure.
- Since a body lift is a major operation with a fairly high rate of minor healing problems, it sometimes makes sense to do the tightest possible standard body lift -
- And to a fleur-de-lis reduction if needed, at the next procedure since after a 200 pound weight loss, several procedures are usually needed.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.