My left hand keeps going numb after getting breast implants is that normal?

It's been 3 days post op and my hand keeps getting numb whenever I lay down and I have to move them around for sensation to come back is that normal is it because of the surgery or just because I've been laying down a lot

Thank you for your question.  Numbness in the hand after breast augmentation is unusual and must be evaluated by our plastic surgeon.  Sensory changes are more common after the transaxillary or arm pit approach is used.

Please see her plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  Hopefully these changes are simply due to positional issues caused when you're laying down.

Left hand numbness

In my experience, numbness to the left-hand after breast augmentation would be most unusual.  I would recommend that you be evaluated by your operating surgeon. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

3 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

Its too early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD