My body absorbs Fillers and Fat Grafts, is there another way to get a lift in my face?

hi, I had filler in my face and lips like restylane juvaderm ,evolance and also fat grafting, , my one fat I did like 4 times , well all those things have an effect on me between 2 to 3 weeks , and then it's gone ,I lost a lot of money and I am very disappointed, doctors are telling me that My body absorb them...how can it be that with most of the people it stays and with me dissolve!!!! I really like a lift in my face and don't know what to do !!!!

Facelift

Without photos or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you any kind of accurate recommendation. One of the difficult things about fat grafting is fat re-absoroption. Are you a candidate for a surgical lift? Otherwise, depending on the area that you needed lifted, there are fillers such as Voluma and/or lasers that can tighten the skin which delivers a "lift" to the face. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Fillers, fat grafting vs. facelift

I am sorry to hear that you have had a hard time retaining long lasting results with fillers and fat grafting. It may be that the treatments you have undergone have not addressed the actual issues that bother you.

As we age, our skin pigment becomes irregular, fine wrinkles develop, our fat pads and soft tissues atrophy (shrink) and move downward on our face as they become loose. There are different treatments that address each of these. Fillers and fat grafting address the atrophic changes (shrinkage) more than they address the decent of the soft tissue. There is a mild lifting effect with them, but it is not their primary action.

If you are looking for a "lifting" effect, the most powerful technique for this would be a surgical facelift. The soft tissues of your face are lifted so the underlying structure of your soft tissues are placed and secured in a more youthful position. The skin is then gently re-draped and excess skin is removed. To make sure you are actually getting the correct treatment for what bothers you, you should make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Make sure your surgeon hears and understands you. Your surgeon should also be able to clearly define what each different treatment will do for you by way of skin resurfacing, volume replacement, and lifting/tightening of the soft tissues.

Good luck. 

Joseph Brown, MD
Tampa Physician

Frustrated with fillers

Hi.  While it's difficult to say without seeing your photos, you might consider a surgical facelift.  Fat grafting is difficult to predict.  And hyaluronic acid gel fillers are only temporary, and need maintenance.

Best to seek out the opinion of a good board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Who is a Lite Lift™ Candidate

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.

If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.
Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. But whose skin has elasticity with well defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic may also be a candidate for a Lite Lift™.

It is also possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to go accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may create an optimal result.

Longer-Lasting Facial Fillers

Thank you for your question. There are a couple of additional longer-lasting facial fillers which you did not mention, including Voluma and Volbella. Voluma is indicated for the cheekbone area, and generally lasts up to 2 years. Volbella is a new lip filler - also by Allergan - and is predicted to last up to one year. It is important for optimal results to be achieved that you have your injections performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon who will help you choose the right filler for the right facial area, and who will inject it into the correct depth of your tissue. 

Lifted skin

Hello, it is difficult to determine whether surgical rejuvenation would be best for you without seeing your photos. From the information you have provided I can assure you that absorption of fat is very common with fat grafting procedures. To get a ‘lifting’ effect, you may be interested in trying the laser treatment Thermage which helps to stimulate collagen production and tighten the skin. Alternatively, a more permanent solution could be the ‘Y lift’ to give a more lifted face, neck and jawline.  

Facial contouring #fatgrafting #beauty #tmbcosmeticsurgery #woundhealing #facelift #fillers

Dear katgid

Thank you for your question!  I am sorry that you are disappointed with your results.  Both fillers and fat grafting work well- it is unusual for you not to have long lasting results.  Options are - try another surgeon, have a facelift....  all with the risk that you may not be satisfied.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Fillers and fat quickly absorb

Thank you for asking about your fillers and fat injections.

• What has happened has been very disappointing and I am very sorry.
  • Fat grafting results are notoriously unpredictable -
  • And I have seen patients who do absorb some or all fillers very quickly - we can't control that.
  • Without seeing your face, one can't be sure but at times, a facial implants are the better answer.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Facelift

you may benefit from an in person consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. There are different types of facelifts that can address different anatomical issues. If fillers aren't working for you, surgery may be the next step for you.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.