Would a tip plasty give me the look I want and what is the operation/ healing time?

I like my overall nose shape but hate that it spreads when I smile and would love a more refined tip without touching the bones of the nose! Am I a suitable candidate, how long is the operation and what's the typical healing time please experts?? Thanks! Shirl

Would a tip plasty give me the look I want?

It is important to recognise that the nose is divided into upper, middle and lower thirds, and they are connected through fibrous ligaments. As such, careful examination of all 3 parts is essential in obtaining a harmonious and balanced nasal appearance.

Opinions vary, but operating on just one part alone may not give a balanced nasal appearance.

Kind regards.  

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Kind regards.  

Possibly

Hi, thanks for your question.

Looking at your photos, yes a tip-plasty could give you a smaller tip, perhaps not exactly the same shape as you have shown in your morphed photos, but they are not too far off I reckon.

But, one thing to keep in mind is that the top, bony part of the nose might look too wide after just a tip-plasty, so it might be worth considering having this narrowed a little at the same time. Down-time is not too bad, maybe 10 days off work, perhaps a little longer.

As for the spreading effect when you smile, that probably won't change with a rhinoplasty, but you might feel it doesn't look so bad with a nose that you like better!

All the best.

Possibly

Hi, thanks for your question.

All the best.