Right Implant Falls into Armpit, It's Soft; The Left is Very Hard and It Seems to Have Stayed Very High. Surgery? (photo)

My surgeon has set a date for this upcoming Febuary. I'm very unhappy with my BA and more so that I will have to undergo surgery once more. Should I even go to the same physician?

Consider change of venue for breast implants undergoing revision.

The left breast demonstrates capsular contracture. There's not much to be said about the right breast without physical examination but if it falls into the armpit it means the pocket extends to for laterally. At the time of a revision you should consider moving the implants to sub muscular if they are sub glandular at present or to sub glandular if they are sub muscular breast at present.

The Decision on A Physician is Up to the Patient

I agree that you need a revision of your breast augmentation.  Whether you go back to your original surgeon is only a question that you can answer.

Dr. ES

Unhappy with breast augmentation

Thanks for your question -

It is not normal for an implant to feel firm or painful.  The left side could have capsular contracture.  The treatment for this is typically removal of the scar tissue and replacement of the implant.  It can come back.  

Your other side may require correction of the pocket to keep the implant from falling into your armpit as you describe.

It is important that you feel confident with your surgeon and his or her ability to achieve your desired results.  It never hurts to get a second opinion.

I hope this helps!

Addressing ​Capsular Contracture & Deciding on a Surgeon

#Capsular #Contracture is a condition in which the capsule around the implant thickens and squeezes the implant making it hard and often changing the shape and position of the implant. It is more common in nicotine users (e.g. smoking or nicotine patches or gum). Effective treatment of the capsule frequently involves completely removal of the capsule (capsulectomy), and occasional incisions in the capsule may be somewhat helpful (#capsulotomy). In the past, closed capsulotomy, in which the breast is squeezed until the #capsule breaks, was used. Currently, most doctors avoid this technique because of complications associated with the technique and because the implant companies will void their warranty if this technique is used. At times it is necessary to change the position of the implant, either above or below the muscle, depending upon the initial position, changing the #implants themselves and, on occasion, the use of Acellular Dermal Matrix (ADM) may be required to prevent continued problems. Although the published risk of capsular contracture is approximately 9-11%, in our practice it is somewhat lower after initial implant placement. Once capsular contracture occurs, the risk of problems with secondary surgery rises to between 25% and 40%. The use of #Singulair and Vitamin E may be of benefit. If you had a Sientra Textured Implant placed as a primary procedure and a contracture occurs in the first two years after primary augmentation, then their implant warranty may apply.
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with breast #augmentation and the incision type, #implant placement, and implant type. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your breast augmentation. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision

Right Implant Falls into Armpit, The Left is Very Hard and It Seems to Have Stayed Very High.

I'm sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced. In order for you to have peace of mind with your current surgeon's abilities, best to ask him/her to show you results of previous patients he/she has helped with revisionary breast surgery. If, after doing so, you remain concerned, it may be in your best interests to seek additional (second opinion)  consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons, who can demonstrate significant experience with revisionary breast surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Right Implant Falls into Armpit, It's Soft; The Left is Very Hard and It Seems to Have Stayed Very High. Surgery?

Seems you have a few issues from the first surgery. But not enough info was presented to advise over the internet. Best to seek IN PERSON opinions from more boarded pSs in your area.