Right implant dropped sooner, but 3 month post op left still feels lighter and sits higher. Continue with massage?

I am 3 months post op. One month post right breast dropped and settled nicely. I continued the massages on the left and even after 3 months it is not shaped and dropped. It even feels lighter that the other which looks round and sits correctly. The left breast even looks droopy after my op which I had a crescent lift as well. Should I just continue the massages or see the doctor?

Breast Implant Dropping

Thank you for your question. I recommend you see the doctor and at three months, the implant will not change too much. If you were too active on the side you are higher, this can be the reason you are higher. The inflammation prevents the implant form descending and you heal too high. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Implants dropping at different rates, what should I do?

At 3 months post-op, it's too soon to worry about final results.  Everyone is so different when healing, it can take anywhere from 3-6 months for implants to settle so try to give it some time.  It is also normal that one breast can drop sooner than the other.  Continue massaging and go see your surgeon for a follow up visit so you can go over your concerns.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry post aug

This is still too soon and you had a lift on the left to create more symmetry so maybe a revision is needed but I would wait till 6 months.discuss this with your surgeon.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Toronto Breast Augmentation with Implants

You need to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  Without examining you, it's very difficult to advise you.  A revision may be needed, but I usually tell patients to wait 6-12 months to consider a revision.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Massage

I would definitely suggest to keep massaging your breast, the capsule sometimes take a little longer to break on one or both breast. I recommend a visit to your plastic surgeon.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Worried About Uneven Breast Implant Three Months After Surgery

It can take 3-6 months for breast implants to settle into  position.  Under the muscle placement often results in an upper portion that is too round.  Relaxtion of the tissues at the bottom of the breast can take a while and can happen at different rates in the two breasts.  A follow up visit with your surgeon is a good idea, as there are a number of choices of what to do depending on the exam.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

See your plastic surgeon for breast implant asymmetry at 3 months

Thank you for your question.  It is important that you see your plastic surgeon for an examination and a diagnosis of what is causing your breast implant asymmetry.  There are many possible causes including an asymmetry of the breast implant pocket, a pre existent breast asymmetry, or an early capsular contracture.

Asymmetry Post Breast Aug

It may take as long as one year to see the final result and it is not uncommon for one side to act differently than the other side. Be patient and see your plastic surgeon for his advise. After one year, there may be less of a difference or there may be something else that can be done to make your breasts more symmetrical. No two breasts are exactly alike.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon