I had a cut in my face and I kept on picking my scab and now I have a clear white scar in my forehead it looks permanent?

Scar Treatment

The scar may improve with fractional laser treatments. These have been shown to be effective for improving scars in published studies.  The scar may also improve over time with further healing.  Another important consideration is not to pick on healing wounds as this can lead to scarring, or worsen a wound that is already starting to scar.    

Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead scarring

If you cut the skin, full thickness, then a permanent scar will result.  That said, it can go on to heal and fade.  If the basis is a laceration, then you should use scar cream to assist in the healing and will have to wait in order to evaluate the permanence.

White Scar Solution--Lasers, microneedling/prp, fillers, subcision

This difficult to answer without a picture. Scars can be improved with lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. I recommend a consultation with a scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

White scars on the face

Start with Plato's Scar Serum twice daily followed by ematrix RF sublation and fractional laser.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scar permanent

Hey Chris- 

Sounds like you have a scar... Whether or not it's permanent will depend on many factors- how it happened cut vs. abrasion, the after injury care, and how often you picked the scab off. 

Keep in mind, the scar will continue to improve the look over time so what you have now will get better with time. There are also options such as laser or dermabrasion that will improve things if you'd like. The options just mentioned will vary somewhat based on your skin tone and characteristics. Scar excision is another option if your current scar is very troubling- this is often done 6mo to 1yr after the injury

Hope this helps!

Dr. Robb

Philip K. Robb Jr., MD
Evans Physician