Pre and Post Op abdominoplasty and liposuction?

Are there any pre-and post vitamins and or supplements I should take for maximum results, healing and recovery as well as BEST post op garment? My procedure is April 25th

Supplements pre and post op

If you are in good general health and have a healthy diet, supplements should not be necessary.  In fact, many supplements should not be used in the perioperative period as they may increase risks such as bleeding.  I would recommend speaking with your surgeon about his preferences.  For my patients, I have a specific list of medications and supplements to avoid.
As far as post-surgical garments, there are many companies that make good quality postoperative garments.  I use Marena Group.  The choice of postoperative garment should be directed by your surgeon, as his preferences may favor one garment over the next.
Good luck with your surgery.  

For more information on abdominoplasty, please visit the link below.    

Jackson Physician

Pre and Post Op Vitamins

You should follow your surgeons recommendations. For my patients I have them take VitaMedica Surgery Program that includes vitamins which are a very high quality but omits vitamin E which is a blood thinner, it also contains Arnica Montana and Bromelain that reduces inflammation and bruising. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Post op regimen

One of the things I recommend to patients pre and post op is vitamin K cream.Use it 3 times or so a couple of days BEFORE your lipo to help minimize black and blueness.Also maybe take a multivitamin.I think that is all you will need.also a spanx garment or spandex garm,ent ot wear post lipo to control swelling and allow the tissues to heal properly.+

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Arnica Montana + Marena

The most important bit of advice I have is to adhere to your board certified plastic surgeon's specific instructions.

With that being said, I encourage patients to take Arnica Montana to decrease bruising and swelling with liposuction. I also encourage Vitamin C to speed up healing time. Be sure to tell your surgeon all supplements and medications you take, because some can increase bleeding and negatively effect your surgery.

My favorite garments for liposuction are from Marena. They make a high-quality product that lasts a long time and gives a lot of support. At our practice, all post-op garments are provided with the surgery cost, so be sure to ask your surgeon prior to purchasing. Thanks and best of luck to you!

Thank you for your question. I would recommend speaking to your plastic surgeon as every surgeon has their own protocols. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD