I would like a surgeon's opinion if a tummy tuck would be adequate or if more might be required to gain a sleeker look? (Photo)

47 yo male lost 130 lbs considering tummy tuck in the September-November time frame. My weight has been stable for 5 months. My GP has suggested that I would want to consult a Plastic Surgeon to realize the best benefits from any sort of surgery to get rid of my flap.

Candidate for tummy tuck

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction.  This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

Tummy tuck

Just based on your history of weight loss and your photo, you would be an excellent candidate for the tummy tuck. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options. Congratulations on your weight loss!

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon