How Can I Get Rid of a Torn Tissue Bump in my Right Ear?

Doctor Answers 3

Otoplasty and torn tissue bump

Pictures would help. A bump can be taken out or injected with steroids to decrease the bump. This is something that I would get a consultation for to get a better answer.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 84 reviews

Treatment of Scar Ear?

Thank you for the question.

If you are referring to a scar,  steroid injection may be helpful.  Scar revision may also be considered. In person  examination  will be in your best interest.


Tom J. Pousti, MD, FACS
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,488 reviews

Otoplasty bumps

Its hard to know exactly what you mean by a torn tissue bump on the ear.  If you have developed a hypertrophic scar from the procedure this can potentially be reduced with kenalog injections or laser excision  of the bump. In my practice I use a co2 laser with a cutting hand piece to treat suble bumps or irregularities on the ear. The laser can remove areas as small as 1 mm in diameter. 

Philip Solomon, MD, FRCS
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 93 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.