Best Way to Get Rid of Tribal Scars on Both Sides of my Face?

I've had these scars since I was little. It's a tribal mark that was put on me, but I have always hated it. I just can't take it anymore and want to get rid of it. Ooh, I was told that it was done with a razor blade-ouch! Thank You.

Doctor Answers 4

Tribal facial scar revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The goal of scar revision is to improve their appearance. Nothing can make them completely disappear. That said, your scars are depressed and oval shaped and would be ideal for excision and careful closure. Other options include fillers to improve their depressed appearance.

Monterey Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tribal scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi there!  I've actually seen those types of scars before and yes, they were most likely done by razor blades.  First you must understand that once you have scars like that it will be impossible to remove them entirely.  There are several options, however, to help reduce their size.  Perhaps the best option is simple surgical excision.  By excising the scars and closing them in layers, you would most likely reduce the width considerably but the length would remain the same.  Another option would be to use facial fillers to help reduce the contour but this would have no impact on the length or width of the scars.  I would suggest going in for a consultation as this is something that requires a thorough discussion.  Good luck!


Dr. Singer

Tribal scar revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The goal of any scar revision is to make the scars look as good as possible.  The oval shape of your scars lends itself best to simple excision and closure with stitches. The risk of raised scar after any procedure is slightly higher in black skin than other types, but I would anticipate a really good result for you.

Barry Resnik, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Scars on Both Sides of my Face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Try fillers first to see if the depressions elevat. Than you can consider scar revision by a PS but there is aLWAYS risks for scar. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.