How to Get Rid of Pubic Swelling?

I had Liposuccion on the stomach and pubic areas a year ago. Pubic still puffy and large. Asked the doctor and he said I should be patient. My pubic area is as puffy as it used to be before the lipo. So, what should I do? Compress it more maybe?

Pubis Swelling After Lipo or TT

Waiting a year IS being patient ! You probably need some liposuction to the pubis area or a pubic lift. In my experience after liposuction or a gummy tuck, the pubis in comparison to the flatter areas now seems to be puffy and therefore noticeable. Fortunatiely it is corrected easily for most.

Pubic swelling one year out

I do not believe the swelling will go down more after one year so maybe a little touch up lipo in the office under local would be the appropriate next step.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Pubic swelling one year after liposuction

The pubic area and the periumbilical area tend to stay fuller after liposuction.  The good news is that it should respond to a revision sculpting procedure, particularly with Smart Lipo.  At one year, the swelling has resolve so compression would be of no benefit.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Pubic area

The pubic area can be liposuction, SmartLipo, SlimLipo,ulttrasonic Vaser further to decreae its fullness. This can sometimes be done under total local anesthesia with minimal recovery. All of the swelling from liposuction should go away definitely within a year but usually much sooner. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pubic fat pad

Swelling in the pubic area after abdominal liposuction is common and may last several weeks and maybe up to three months.  However,  a year later the larger pubic area is likely the the fat pad that now may be more obvious because of the relatively smaller abdomen.  Now that the abdomen is no longer hiding it, you may be aware that it appears more "puffy".  This can be addressed by additional liposuction.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

How to Get Rid of Pubic Swelling?

Based solely upon your description you need further liposuction (any type) of the pubic mound in  my opinion. That is the best way to decrease the fullness. I prefer Smart Lipo + lipo. From MIAMI 

Swelling 1 year after liposuction

After 1 year, all swelling will have disappated so what you are seeing is fatty tissue that was not removed and that a touch up procedure can solve. Compressing it will not do anything at this point. Swelling after liposuction should be totally dissapated after a few months.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

How to Get Rid of Pubic Swelling?

It it has been one year since you had liposuction, it is not swelling that you are seeing.  You likely need additional liposuction to get the results that you are seeking.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

After liposuction there will be swelling and bruising.  This will resolve in a month.  The results will be present after a few months.  After that time there is no more swelling.  IF the pubic area is still swollen, its fatty tissues and this may need a touch-up or you may need more liposuction done there. 

Jay H. Ross, MD, FACS
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Puffy pubic area

If you had liposuction of the pubic region a year ago, I doubt that it is still swollen. WIthout an exam it is hard to say, but it could be that more liposuction needs to performed or that  the skin is loose and needs to be lifted.