How do I get rid of my horizontal crease? (photo)

I had a sliding genoplasty about 2 months ago and was hoping to lessen my horizontal crease. It seems to have gotten worse. I just had my Dr. put fillers in to no avail. What can I do to make it less deep?

Doctor Answers 1

Difficult problem

While other photos would be helpful, my guess is that the chin is vertically short and that you had/have a significantly receeded lower jaw.  Orthognathic surgery might be the best option (a lot of work and money) while an alternative might be to have a "lengthening" genioplasty which can have the effect of flattening the labio-mental crease that understandably concerns you so much.  Please discuss these options with your surgeon.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.