How to Get Rid of my Under Eye Bag / Crows Feet? (photo)

Hello! I'm being very self countious about my under eye bags/ crows feet as it affects my look and makes look tired and older. Im a 27 yo female who would like to get a procedure done to get rid of under eye bags. Please let me know what would be the best procedure to do, fat injecting, laser or surgery! Thank you so much!! I am also thinking to get a rhinoplasty at the same time I'm doing the under procedure. What would you recommend? Thanks

Doctor Answers 5

How to correct under eye bags and crow's feet

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

From the photograph, it does not look like surgery would be the best option. My recommendation would be filler under the eyes. You have volume loss in your mid-face, which is creating the appearance of a bag. Products such as Restylane, Radiesse, or Juvederm (depending upon the volume loss) could give you a beautiful result. While fat grafting can give volume, it is often unpredictable, especially around the eye area. With advanced facial fillers, I think you will get a more natural and predictable response. This is an “off-label” treatment, however, so make sure you go to a provider who is well versed in treating the area around the eyes.  An oculofacial plastic surgeon would probably be best.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 68 reviews

How to Get Rid of my Under Eye Bag / Crows Feet?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Fillers are a helpful non-surgical option to improve the appearance of your lower eyelids. The results typically last up to 12 months. Choose an experienced injector as this is a more challenging area to inject. Bruising is more common in this area regardless of your injector. However, an experienced injector will have a much lower likelihood of creating bumps or under/ overfilling your undereye area. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

You have midface depletion.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is consistent with loss of deep buccal fat that supports the midface.  Deep top of cheek fillers are remarkably helpful for this.  I suggest Perlane.  Do this treatment with a highly experienced injector.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Under eye bags

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Based on your photos, it looks like the main problem is hollowing in your cheeks. This is often seen in older patients, but you seem to have developed this at a young age. Have you recently lost a lot weight? This problem is common in patients after gastric bypass surgery.

I would recommend increasing the volume in your cheeks with filler injections. If you like the results, you may opt for a longer lasting treatment such as fat injection once the filler wears off.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 182 reviews

Injectibles vs. Surgery To Correct Underdeveloped Mid-Face In A 27 Year Old Female

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have hypoplasia of your upper mid face, probably genetically.  If you were my patient, I would recommend intraoral placement of cheek implants along with lower eyelid blepharoplasty with an inferior obicularis oculi muscle sling. 

The muscle sling lower eyelid blepharoplasty will correct the majority of your eyelid problems (bags), but you need some support to keep the repair from eventually falling, ergo the cheek implant.  If you would like a trial to see how this would look, I recommend the use of Radiesse injections in the zygomatic area.  This will give you an excellent and instant improvement, but unfortunately doesn't last that long. 

If you want to accomplish the lower eyelid and cheek implant surgery along with a rhinoplasty, and if you were my patient, I would do the lower lid blepharoplasty with muscle sling first, followed by the cheek implant, and lastly the rhinoplasty. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.