Is it possible to get rid or improve the appearance of this facial mark? (photo)

I'm from Africa, the mark was put there by my parents for tribal reasons since I was born, so I wanna know if it's possible to either get rid of or improve d appearance (I.e maybe the colour could blend with other part) so as to make it not to be too obvious... Will be happy to hear ur responses

Doctor Answers 1

You can get helped

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I have treated a few patients with these scars/marks with a combination of surgery and non-ablative fractional resurfacing. Topical creams are only mildly helpful at best. See a dermatologic surgeon with experience in laser treatment of scars. Wishing you the best, Dr. E.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.