How Can I Get Rid of These Eye Marks ?

I'm a 21 years old male and I'm suffering from various skin problems: *Dark marks under they sort of the marks football players use. *Eye Bags *Wrinkles under they eyes especially when I smile. *Acne scars ( I use fraxel 2 times but haven't seen much improvment) Why I'm I having this in an early age and how can I fix them? Thanks

Doctor Answers 3

We call these dark circles.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Sam

Fraxel provides modest improvement at best.  To address your under eye issues requires fillers.  This area is ideally improved with Restylane and Perlane.  Treatment effects last well over a year.  Surgery for your issues is likely to cause harm by creating unwanted scars and changes that suggest that you have had surgery.  The acne scars can also be filled and this is often a very practical approach.  These services are very comfortably performed in the office with minimal down time.  Look at my website for examples of these types of treatments.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Congenital puffiness of the lower lids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is a congenital problem and is best corrected non-surgically with soft tissue fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane. 

"Dark marks" on lower eyelids are likely shadows from lower eyelid bags

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Sam, Thank you for providing photos. I would agree with my colleague that filler is an option to fill in the hollow area under the eye. Fat transfer is a more permanent option and this is often performed with a lower blepharoplasty to reduce the fullness in the lower eyelid. Fat transfer helps prevent a hollowed appearance after removal of the bulging fat deposits. For the wrinkles with smiling I would recommend Botox but an evaluation in the office to see exactly what concerns you would be most helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.