Botox for Bunny Lines or Vertical Lines on Nose?

I have prominent vertical lines on my nose when I smile. I've heard that botox and or dysport can correct this. Is this somewhat of a dangerous area to inject botox? The plastic surgeon who did my frown lines was hesitant to help me out with this area, and did not want to inject there.

BOTOX works great for bunny lines

Bunny lines are the vertical lines in the nose that often show up as people get older. BOTOX is very good for these lines. In fact, just a few units of BOTOX injected in the bunny lines can soften everything and help balance the face.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox injections to and around nose.

Botox is frequently injected in and around the nose for a variey of reasons. I can understand why someone who is not comfortable with the technique may want to avoid performeing it.

Treatment of bunny lines (tiger lines) on the nose with Botox or Dysport

Some people have dramatic creases on the upper sides of the nose, and these can be more accentuated after the glabellar creases (the "11") are treated as the face keeps trying to frown and recruits the nose muscles because the muscles between the eyebrows are relaxed from the botox or dysport.  If the lines are long and extend towards the border between the cheek and nose, and the injector tries to relax the entire muscle, then adjacent muscles that help elevate the lip will be affected possibly. Should this happen, the teeth won't show when you smile, it will be hard to brush your upper teeth, and if it only happens on one side then it will look like you had a stroke or Bell's palsy when trying to open the mouth. It would be temporary but it would take three to four months to go away. Your lines might only be able to be treated partially for this reason.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Bunny Lines treatable

BOTOX for bunny lines is very treatable.  Bunny lines are oriented horizontally across the bridge of the nose can be treated with small amounts of BOTOX (1.25-2.5 units) with good results. 

Dr. ES

Botox Cosmetic for Nasal Wrinkles & Bunny Lines

Yes, Botox Cosmetic may be used for nasal wrinkles. The procedure is less commonly performed than traditional treatment of forehead or Crow's feet. Typically less Botox is required to treat bunny lines. Duration of results is similar to other facial areas, around three months.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for bunny lines or vertical lines on nose

I use Botox for this issue almost daily. I recommend a very low unit dose to avoid any drooping of the upper eyelids. Find an expert injector in your area.

From MIAMI Dr. B

"Bunny lines" a common area to treat with Botox or Dysport

Bunny lines are the term used to describe the obligue lines on the sides of the nose that appear when you scrunch up your nose. They are easy to treat, and another area that does well is the muscle that causes the horizontal line across the bridge of the nose.

Richard Baxter, MD

Botox for Nasal Bunny lines

The horizontal lines that form over the bridge of the nose when smiling are often referred to as the bunny lines.  They are caused by a muscle called the procerus.  Botox is very effective and safe in relaxing these lines and is often performed while relaxing the frown lines above from the corrugator muscles.  Care must be taken not to inject off to the sides of the nose as this could cause some change in movement of the upper lip.  A skilled injector should have no problem in correcting this for you.  Best regards.

Louis M. DeJoseph, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport or Botox both work for Bunny lines on the nose

Botox or Dysport both work to lessen the bunny lines of the nose.  It doesn't take much of either one to work in these areas and it looks good.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

It works fine

I use it all the time on the nose --- you just need a little less. There is no problem with using it.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD