Confused about Liposuction; I am very concerned that this will not produce good results? (Photos)

I'm 33. I currently weigh 204. I carry most of my weight in my stomach, back(bra roll flanks) I have large love handles. I have found a Dr. And they are encouraging me to only have liposuction on my back. I am very concerned that this will not produce good resluts. My stomach is large and hangs over my waist. My question is should I get my back done or stomach. I know ideally I should do both. I can't afford both and I want the best results. Please help.

Get a second opinion

Having isolated back liposuction sounds like an overall bad idea. It will leave you with an on natural strange body fat distribution. You need to lose weight and then reassess. Liposuction by itself will not do much at all for you at this point. Please get one or more second opinions. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Liposuction, tummy tuck, fat over flanks and back, love handles, bra roll fat, fatty abdomen, loose skin, Choice of surgery

Thank you for your query. You seem to have a fatty trunk with fat deposits over the back and abdomen. It appears that you are more concerned about the abdomen than the back and therefore you should address that issue first. As to the choice of procedure whether liposuction or tummy tuck you need a clinical examination and if both excess fat and loose skin is the issue then a liposuction with a tummy tuck will be needed. Additionally a muscle weakness will need a muscle repair ( abdominoplasty). Some diet control  and exercise regimens prior to surgery will help loose some fat and help the surgical process as well as bring down your weight.Best wishes,Dr Alexander

Alexander George, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Developing a treatment plan...together

Your surgeon can guide your decision making process but he or she cannot be a surrogate decision maker. Patients are encouraged to honestly evaluate their concerns and prioritize as they consider their available options. The role of the surgeon is to guide the patients toward a reasonable treatment plan and shape their expectations.Typically, I encourage body contouring candidate to have reached a stable (6 months) healthy weight within 10lbs of their goal/ideal. At that point, we discuss the patients expectations and what can be reasonably achieved. It is at that point that we can confidently develop a treatment plan together.It would appear from your photos and your stated concerns that you would benefit from an abominoplasty in conjunction with liposuction thus addressing excess fat and loose or hanging skin.As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Kissimmee Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Tummy Tuck

Hello,  thank you for your question and photos.   You should think about doing tummy tuck and liposuction for best results. Hanging or loose skin can only corrected with the tummy tuck.  Search for a local certified PS for a correct treatment. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Liposuction

Liposuction is a good way to reduce the overall fatty layer thickness. It will not tighten the skin to any significant degree.  It is a personal choice as to which areas to have treated.

Choices..

the decision of which area to approach for surgical improvement is YOURS. it is whatever bothers you most......   your tummy or your back. many patients will do one area at a time, once per year, for continued improvement-- year to year.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon