Thin athletic breast augmentation 25yr old. Any suggestions? (photos)

I am 25, thin (long and lanky like a runner) and have been an athlete my entire life. How do I find the best BA surgeon that specializes in athletic smaller women to have my breasts appear apart of my body. I'm in the richmond, VA area but am not apposed to traveling. What is the best placement, implant, how do I pick the best surgeon, I crossfit and play soccer- will I be likely to affect my implants by being as physically active/aggressive as I am? I want realistic expectations to decide

Finding a breast surgeon

Thanks for your questions and congratulations on goosing breast implants. Your thoughts and questions are too complex to be answered over this site. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon who performs all kinds of breast augmentations. From your initial thoughts you may be best suited for a shaped an anatomical  implant under the muscle or just a smaller smooth implant. Decisions like this however are best by discussing in person and seeing many pictures of natural vs unnatural patient wishes. Choose the surgeon who has the experience and clicks with you best. Best wishes.

Suggestions?

First and foremost, you should start seeking in-person consultations with board-certified plastic surgeons.  I'm certain their are plenty of qualified plastic surgeons in Virginia.  Doctors will make recommendations to you based on what they know about your lifestyle, your goals, your height, weight, breast width, etc.  You should ultimately choose who you feel the most comfortable with.  Best of luck!

Thin athletic breast augmentation 25yr old. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  The key to remember is that with your frame each cc will impact your results greater than a woman who is wider or shorter.  I would advise placing silicone implants through a breast crease incision, underneath your pectoralis chest muscle,  and likely sticking to a 300cc or smaller higher fill silicone implant produced by Sientra or Allergan Inspira.  Hope this helps.

Breast augmentation

How natural your result looks, depends on how much breast tissue you start with, and how large the implant is. If you have minimal tissue, and put in a large implant, it will look obvious, like the photos you showed. If you have some tissue of your own, and go with a smaller implant, it will look more natural.If you are as thin as you appear to be, you may get your best result with a silicone implant, in the sub muscular position.Good luck,Greg Sexton, M.D.Columbia, S.C.

Slender and athletic 25 yo for breast augmentation, any suggestions?

A large number of breast augmentation patients are slender and athletic just like yourself. You will need to express your breast appearance goals with your P.S. Next an examination and biodimensional breast measurements are necessary to provide you with appropriate recommendations. I would certainly recommend the implants be placed in the "dual plane" submuscular pocket. There a number of types of silicone implants to consider, which would  be discussed during your evaluation. You will not need to look outside of Richmond VA. Richmond has a very advanced medical community. There are a number of excellent board certified Plastic Surgeons in the greater Richmond area. I underwent my surgical training at MCV/VCU years ago and personally know many of the Richmond plastic surgeons. Best of Luck!

#Breastimplants #Breastaug

Hi ekal2, Thank you for your excellent question! Thanks for your question on which implant size would be best for you. Since there is no way to say definitively over the internet which size would be optimal for you, take comfort in the fact that the surgeon uses your unique measurements and is able to provide you with a general range.  In many cases the board certified plastic surgeon can best be your guide as they’ve met with you in person and heard your aesthetic goals. You may consider doing 3-D imaging; however with nearly all the breast cases we’ve performed, we’ve found patients enjoy doing a live “try on” session where they actually can “try on” the implant in a non-padded bra in our office.  This does not give an exact measurement of outcome, rather it gives a nice idea of what to expect. For patients who desire a more natural look we like to recommend the shaped implant.  For patients who desire a more full, voluptuous look we recommend a higher profile implant. And remember that all breasts have at least some amount of asymmetry (we like to say they’re like sisters and not twins).  In general what to look for are the following:  *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol.  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol.*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle  Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person.  My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS 

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Athletic and implants

Plenty of female athletes have breast implants.   To find someone in your area, you can go to the ASPS or ASAPS websites.  Good luck.

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and for sharing pictures and concerns. Often for patients with little breast tissue and athletic bodies, I recommend shaped, silicone implants. These give a very natural look as they mimic the shape of a natural breast. I've attached a video here where I performed a breast augmentation on a thin patient with very little breast tissue. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and undergo Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of your post procedural results. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Thanks for your question.

Without a physical examination it is difficult to respond with accuracy, but the best way to determine which breast implant size and type is best for you is by first finding out your specific wishes not only with words or letters as in cup size or “not too big” or “natural”, but also with a visual understanding of what you hope to look like. This can be accomplished either with photographs of patients whose breasts and body type look like you, or ideally with photos of patients not only whose breasts are similar to yours, but are also a similar height, weight, and pre-operative breast size. In our own practice we have provided that unique functionality on our website to accomplish exactly that. Many of our patients are very active, including triathletes and runners, and this definitely suggests an implant on the smaller rather than bigger side, in general terms.  Unfortunately the most common reason for a woman to be unhappy after her augmentation is feeling as though she is either too big or not big enough. Thankfully, in our practice this is rarely a problem because implant size selection is what we spend most of our time discussing and determining. I do not place the onus of selecting the breast implant size on my patients since they are coming to me for my advice and expertise, but I do ask my patients to be as specific as possible about their aesthetic goals and I then advise them accordingly. Implants vary in width, projection and volume. This can be very confusing to women, who are used to discussing one number only such as “300 cc’s”. To better understand which implant is best for you, in our consultation room we have two shelves one above the other, each with four implants.  The top shelf has all the implants with exactly the same width (12.5 cm), yet the less projecting implant with that width is a 275 cc Moderate or Classic, and the most projecting is a 590 cc Ultra High Profile. On the lower shelf, all of the implants are 300 cc implants, yet the less projecting implant has a width or diameter of 12.8 cm, and the most projecting of the 300 cc implants is the Ultra High Profile which has a 9.7 cm diameter.  Once it is determined which implant width or diameter would best fit you, the next step is to decide which what sort of look you are hoping to achieve, i.e. more projection, moderate, or least. This is determined by how much breast tissue you have naturally, and how large you ultimately wish to be. All of this would be discussed during your consultation. And don’t be shy about coming prepared with images which you feel best represent your desired end point. These can be determined by visiting our gallery, or any other photos you wish to bring. The advantage of using our gallery is that all of the relevant information about patient age, implant size and type, are clearly indicated.  I would advise you to seek the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in breast enhancement surgery and make sure that your own sense of aesthetics aligns with that of your plastic surgeon. Your idea of “natural” or “pretty” or “proportionate” might be different from your plastic surgeon’s and it is very important for you to feel confident that you are both of like minds as far as the goals. Best of luck to you and I hope you are successful in achieving the enhancement you are seeking.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Implants

We would place Allergan cohesive silicone gel implants under the muscle. The SRF or SRX gels are perfect for your body. Size only determined by in office consultation 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS