Can just the "inner Tear trough" (by nose) be filled? It seems like I have shadowing there but not under whole eye?

If this is possible, then would 1 syringe of Resylyne be adequate for a noticeable correction? Just wondering if generally speaking, just the trough area by nose can be injected with good results? Also, do you lower your risk of it looking bad just filling that area, as opposed to whole under eye?

Inner Tear Trough filler and other options

Dear chloeann:This is a tough question without evaluation of the static and dynamic changes around the eye. It is best to consult with a talented and skillful Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs different kinds of fillers, Sculptra and surgery around the eye so you obtain a more balanced recommendation. All the best!

Tear Trough Fillers - Restylane, Belotero, Voluma -- If unhappy, reverse with hyaluronidase!

Fillers can treat this area best to use a cannula to avoid issues with blood vessels and swelling.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Tear trough filler

Yes just the inside or medial area can be filled with filler.  1 syringe may be sufficient but it would be difficulty to state without a proper evaluation. In general, filling in this area should be carried out conservatively as it is easier to over fill or place too superficially in this area.  The best fillers are Restylane or Belotero in this area.  Using the canula may also minimize swelling and bruising.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Filler of tear trough

Yes, the medial aspect of the tear trough can be filled with filler.  You would have to be seen in person o be properly evaluated.

Fillers ForTreating Just The Inner (Medial Portion) Of The Tear Trough Is Very Common

The short answer to your question is absolutely yes, and, in fact, and filler treatment of just the inner portion of the tear trough, in fact, is quite common in an active aesthetic practice. Although Restylane Silk or diluted Resylane are often recommended for region, Belotero Balance is my personal preference for the infraorbital region in my Upper East Side Manhattan practice, since it possesses little to no tendency to give rise to the unwanted, bluish Tyndall Effect when injected superficially into the very delicate tissues under the eyes. (In my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers are available, I typicallfy opt for Teosyal Redensity II). Although cannulas have their proponents, and I do use them in certain other locations, needles, in my opinion, allow for the more precise and very superficial placement of the filler required for the successful treatment of this region and with the use of generally a bit less material, as well. Injecting fillers around the eyes is a very advanced injection technique, which should not be left to the hands of novice injectors accustomed to injecting ordinary Restylane for smile lines. So, make sure that you consult and seek treatment with a board certified aesthetic physician with particular experience in the use of fillers around the eyes, and of course ask to see his/her before and after photos before proceeding.  Best of luck.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Tear trough filing

Yes only the medial part of the year trough can be filled.   It's very common.   I frequently will use 1/2 a syringe on each side.  You can always add more if needed. 

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for medial tear trough

Yes it is common to fill the inner or medial part of the tear trough.  I prefer Restylane in this area.  I highly recommend the use of a cannula instead of a sharp needle to reduce the risk of bruising.  My patients are typically very happy with the improvement of their appearance under the eyes.Regards,Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Tear Trough Filler

The tear trough is commonly injected to smooth the depression and removed the shadowing in this area.  I believe Restylane is the best product for that area and 1 syringe should be adequate.  I prefer to inject with a blunt tipped microcannula as it reduces bruising and I get better results with it.  

Inner tear trough

this is the most common area under the eye to fill.  You will definitely have enough Restylane with one syringe.  Once the tear trough is adequately filler, I like to place some of the filler in the cheek area just below the tear trough.  This provides a slightly fuller and more youthful look. I think you would appreciate a really nice improvement.  Best of luck!

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tear Trough Correction

Yes, just the tear trough can be filled.  This is very often all that is needed to achieve a natural and youthful appearance to the lower eyelid.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon