I have an upturned nose which I plan on getting fixed, but should I do something with my chin/jaw? (Photo)

I'm 18 and have a heart shaped face

Improving a chin or jaw along with the nose

Improving the chin or jaw is an option to consider for patients undergoing rhinoplasty, in order to improve overall facial balance. On the photograph alone, one can consider a cheek enhancement, in conjunction with possible chin procedure. One's bite may be off too (ex. over or under bite) for those thinking of enhancing the cheeks and/or chin. Speak with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to perform an examination.Best,Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Chin and Nose

A lot of patients have small chin that makes the nose look large. In your case the chin and jaw are of good size and proportion, you do not need any chin procedure. RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin questions

On looking at your profile pic, it does not seem like you need a chin implant.  Your chin falls at the vertical dropped down from the radix, or root of nose.

Raghu Athre, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

To determine the ideal position for a chin, a vertical line is drawn down from the lower lip.  The chin should be just behind that vertical line for a female.  Your chin position is just fine.  You are a good candidate to have the rotation of your nose changed as well as possibly building the bridge slightly.  I wish you the very best!!

Babar Sultan, MD
Towson Facial Plastic Surgeon