I have atrophic scars as a result of trauma, (co2ablative). Which is better to treat my condition, Bellafill or Sculptra?(photo)

I'm not sure why after 4 years when I had co2 ablative that I'm developing atrophic scarring. Additionally I had a very mild peel last year for hyperpigmentation and the skin texture has been going downhill every since. The original physician is not helpful. Seen numerous doctors-no help. Retin A makes things worse. Depressed, diagnosed with PTSD. Any suggestions on Bellafill or Sculptra? I've had Sculptra before but it doesn't seem to work well for depressions although it fills my face nicely.

Sculptra or Bellafill?

Dear Skin Repair Needed:Sculptra will not help the acne scars seen in your photos. You should benefit by a series of #Bellafill treatments, and will likely see even better results if Micronnedling with PRP is employed as well.  Topical creams such as Regenica, Alastin and topical Retinol, can enhance the response.  All the best,   Dr. Clark

Bellafill for Acne Scars.

While there are many treatments that are touted as giving reasonable results for your type of acne scarring, the best I have seen to date is Bellafill. It is actually FDA approved especially for the type of acne scars you seem to predominantly have. Bellafill will fill in your scars and help smooth the skin out for you. You may need other treatment modalities after to help with fine scars or scar pigmentation but the most cost effective treatment is to start with Bellafill

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

You need a combination approach with fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP and subcision.  Surgical treatment may be needed for improvement.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Bellafill for acne scars

You deserve to have better looking skin.  Depressed and rolling acne scars respond well to a succession of Bellafill injections.  Sculptra creates a deeper fill and will do nothing for your type of scarring.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon