Are there any doctors in the Richmond, VA area that specialize in Symmastia and Double Bubble repair?

This will be my 4 surgery. My last 2 repairs did not hold.

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Are there any doctors that specialize in Symmastia and Double Bubble repair?

I am sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced and about the unsuccessful outcomes with revisionary breast surgery. Although I cannot provide you with specific names, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

In my practice, having used a variety of “techniques” for correction of symmastia, I find that the most reliable technique involves a 2 layer capsulorrhaphy (internal suture repair of the breast implant pockets along the cleavage area). Often, the use of acellular dermal matrix is helpful also. I have also been pleased with the (at least partial) correction of skin tenting that can be achieved with the use of the acellular dermal matrix.

Often, it is necessary to “open” (reverse capsulotomy) the breast implant pocket laterally (outer breast fold) to allow for positioning of the implant centrally behind the breast mound. This maneuver may also decrease the amount of implant pressure against the medial suture line.  I also find that careful attention to postoperative activity restrictions is key to success with this type of surgery and other types of implant malposition revisionary breast surgery.
 You may find the attached link/review helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.